Oracle Database Administrator with Strong Experience Cassandra Admin
Plano Plano, TX 75023
Job Title : Oracle Database Administrator with Strong Experience Cassandra Admin
Location : Plano, TX - 75023
Contract : Longterm
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
Over 8 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator including 4 years of experience as Cassandra Administrator providing 24*7 production database support with Support to developers & end-users on call support & coordination with off shore teams.
- Extensive knowledge on database administration for ORACLE 12c/11g/10g and Apache Cassandra with experience on large scale database environments.
- In depth knowledge of Apache Cassandra and Datastax Enterprise Cassandra
- In depth knowledge in Cassandra read, writes paths and internal architecture
- Experience with installing, configuring and monitoring Apache Cassandra cluster
- Experience in implementing multi-datacenter cluster
- Designing data models in Cassandra and working with Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
- Experience in creating column Family's ; bootstrapping, decommissioning, removing, replacing, and repairing nodes
- Experience in creating key spaces, tables and secondary indexes in Cassandra
- Experience in setting up the required replication factors for key spaces
- Implemented Spark solution to generate reports from Cassandra data
- Experience in generating user specific reports based on indexed columns using SPARK
- Experience in fetching and loading data in Cassandra using Spark
- Utilized Cassandra tools including sstableloader,sstable2json and json2sstable, COPY for application data loading and analysis
- Experience in Performance tuning Apache Cassandra cluster to optimize writes and reads
- Troubleshoot read/write latency and timeout issues in CASSANDRA
- Good knowledge on Datastax Search/ Solar in indexing and managing searches.
- Good knowledge on Spark SQL, Spark Streaming and Scala.
- Hands on experience in Oracle 11g/10g databases with RAC cluster
- Good experience in Oracle performance tuning, AWR and Database Security.
- Experience in SQL Performance Tuning using Explain Plan, SQL Trace, ADDM, AWR, Optimizer Hints and TKPROF utility.
- Any experience with Apache Ignite will be a plus.
Required Mandate Technical Skills:
Operating Systems: Redhat Linux, CentOS, Unix
Languages: SQL, PLSQL, Shell scripting, CQL, C
Relational Databases: Oracle 12c/11g
NoSQL Databases: Cassandra
Big Data: Hadoop, Spark
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377