Emeryville Emeryville, CA 94608
Job Title : Patient Coordinator
Location : Emeryville, CA - 94608
Duration : 2+ Months contract (high potential for extension)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for verifying basic demographic and clinical information relevant to the patient’s radiology exam, verifying insurance eligibility and benefits, securing authorization from third party payers, APeX.
- Should be able to obtain authorizations for radiology exams or services by working with ordering physician’s office staff, the applicable Medical Center ancillary department, and/or review organization(s) as required.
- Confirm patient insurance eligibility and benefits by identifying the concerns that may delay the ability to secure authorization and update as necessary.
- Responsible for collecting patient demographic information and financial/insurance data by contacting them over the phone and updating their accounts in order to submit authorization requests accurately.
- Should communicate with RadBilling and Radiology Scheduling when authorization requests is pending one day prior to exam for follow up and requests medical urgency from provider when appropriate.
- Enter complete authorization information in the referral activity screen documenting ongoing activity that may include all communication with patients, providers, payors, or other departments until final outcome is determined for the authorization.
- Should be willing to work flexible hours that includes weekends, overtime and other shifts as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Should have a high school diploma or GED and 2 years of experience at the admitting worker or comparable level.
- Should be proficient in health insurance eligibility, authorization requirements and reimbursement financial policies.
- Should have knowledge of government program regulations, MediCal, Medicare, MIA, C.C.S., and other third party payors.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Should have strong customer service skills and PC skills with data entry( 30wpm), office machine skills (ADT experience preferred).
- Should have excellent oral/written communication skills.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ruby: email@example.com - 678-310-2897
Sabrina: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8581
Regina: email@example.com - 678-310-2892