Patient Registration Coordinator
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title : Patient Registration Coordinator
Location : San Francisco, CA 94158
Duration : 2+ Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- The person coming in this role is responsible for greeting patients/families, Coordinate patient check-in, complete admissions registration and providing information to any patient/family inquiries.
- Responsible for printing of daily next day surgery report and/or retrieving fast track report.
- Should complete the admission process for patients in the emergency room that need to be admitted.
- Responsible for scheduling procedures, tests, and x-rays.
- Responsible for admitting newborns and completing appropriate material for the ICN as needed.
- Should collect patient demographic information and financial/insurance data.
- Registers patients for specialized outpatient services such as (ONB) status, Ambulatory surgery, and outpatient lab and enters authorization data in the registration and insurance verification screens.
- Should verify insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Responsible for coordinating bed placement in collaboration with Central Patient Placement (CPP) and keeping patients/families informed of wait time of bed assignment when high census.
- Should adhere to red flag protocol, refer red flag alerts to admitting supervisor.
- Responsible for appropriately responding to emergency situations including but not limited to code red, code blue, code white, code pink and purple, code grey, and disaster procedures.
- CSC check-in to include verbal discussion of pediatric patient NPO, and health assessment status data collection, documentation, and reporting to Pre-op. Facilitate appropriate follow up if NPO/health assessment status is not within acceptable guidelines.
- Should be willing to work flexible hours, which includes holidays, weekends, overtime and other shifts as assigned depending on operational needs.
- Should work in all areas of the department as assigned.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have a high school diploma or GED.
- Should have two years experience at the admitting worker or comparable level.
- Should be proficient in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements and reimbursement financial policies.
- Should have knowledge of government program regulations, Medicare, Medi-Cal, C.C.S, MIA and other third party payers.
- Should have knowledge of office machines, experience with ADT and basic computer skills.
- Should have basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Should have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Second Language: Preferred.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Regina @ email@example.com ; 678-310-2892
Sabrina @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-487-8581