San Jose, California, US - 95123 San Jose, CA 95123
Job Title: Postgres DBA
Location: San Jose, California, US - 95123
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Five plus years of working experiences on PostgreSQL
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot, and resolve live database systems issues.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
- Hands-on experience in database administration, backup recovery, and troubleshooting
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all of the PostgreSQL databases.
- Monitor databases to optimize database performance and diagnose issues.
- Work with development and operations teams to tune production queries for optimal performance.
- Monitor and manage database indexes for optimal performance.
- Maintain custom vacuum strategies at table and DB levels
- RDBMS: PostgreSQL
- Languages: Shell scripting, PL/PGSQL
- Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
- Backups: Logical and Physical backups
- High Availability: WarmStandby, Hotstandby, Streaming replication
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Jeff Kasula