Power System Test Engineer
Northridge, California, US - 91325 Northridge, CA 91325
Job Title: Power System Test Engineer
Location: Northridge, California, US - 91325
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Develop and execute plans to test and measure power consumption for all of the elements of a cell site.
- Develop and maintain power budgets for cellular site configurations covering varying loading and environmental conditions
- Configure and run analysis tools based off of analytical and measured data to derive optimal power system configurations.
- Write test plans & procedures covering functional & performance testing of power system components (e.g. solar controller, battery, charge controller, etc.)
- Perform fault handling analysis and document fault response processes Write test scripts that will execute test procedures.
- Procure, configure, integrate, and operate both power test equipment and unit-under-test power system components in both lab & field environments.
- Conduct testing. Collect, analyze and synthesize test data. Perform troubleshooting and anomaly investigations.
- Develop and execute operator-level test plans for validation of requirements. Identify issues, troubleshoot, and document test results.
- Engage with ecosystem partners (e.g. operators, equipment vendors, test equipment vendors) during lab trials.
- Assemble and integrate power system components into an outdoor cell site cabinet and in both lab & field environments.
- Contribute to the development of complex projects via writing and reviewing specifications and test plans, with a focus on power.
- Dimension cell site power systems based on specific requirements.
- Document power design configurations, installation instructions, wiring diagrams, equipment settings and troubleshooting guides.
- Strong fundamentals in electrical circuits, power converters and energy storage.
- Demonstrated success in engineering testing, test setup, test plan execution, documentation, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with common power equipment, vendors and configurations.
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, testing, and expected performance of solar panels, solar charge controllers, battery charge controllers, power system monitoring, AC/DC and DC/DC converters, MPPT controllers, UPS systems, and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards and processes.
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, testing, and expected performance of various battery technologies (eg lead-acid, li-ion, li-po) over lab & field conditions.
- Experience with choosing and implementing power simulation and analysis software packages, logging tools, test equipment, etc.
- Experience with cellular base station sites and radio equipment.
- Proficiency in Python or related scripting languages.
- Electrical circuit design, circuit bring up.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Vincent Gandra