Privacy Compliance – Database Management
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94118
Job Title : Privacy Compliance – Database Management
Location : San Francisco, CA 94118
Duration : 5+ Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Looking for a privacy compliance person with strong database skills.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the ongoing privacy compliance auditing and monitoring program for the client, which includes proactive EHR system monitoring, as well as periodic and for-cause EHR access audits for the privacy office.
- Should develop effective data collection and assessment tools to support the enterprise compliance activities.
- Independently responsible for collection, aggregation and complex analyses of data and findings for investigations, compliance assessments, and reporting.
- Performs analysis for the client’s privacy office annual privacy compliance report to the UC regents.
- Applies advanced skills to produce in-depth forecasts, advanced statistical quantitative analyses, complex reports, data sets, and recommendations to support and enhance business /clinical processes.
- Responsible for reviewing compliance processes, identifying trends/risk factors, and reporting quarterly recommendations.
- Should evaluate data sources for relevance, integrity and accuracy, identify issues and collaborate on solutions to data management challenges.
- Should develop and utilize benchmarks for best practice comparison, projection identification and implementation and client performance or capability gaps.
- Develops and presents quantitative business cases to managers and senior leaders.
- Should maintain privacy office compliance documentation processes and procedures, including maintenance of electronic and paper documentation, as well as documentation systems and technologies.
- Responsible for troubleshooting data errors and problems, serve as the single point of contact for database activities.
- This position would require the individual to know how to analyze data from a data base and put them into a meaningful report.
- They would need past experience manipulating data, understand how a database works, be able to coordinate the upgrade of the database, implement changes in the database, design and perform maintenance, perform quality control of the data, prepared database queries.
- Should serve as liaison between client and the privacy office to independently respond to and resolve investigations, grievances, and consults, including complex fraud, ethical, research, and legal issues related to privacy, in a multidisciplinary and collaborative manner, and to document per privacy office procedures.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have a bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience or training.
- Should have certification in Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM).
- Should have 3 years’ experience working in a large health care organization, including experience in a healthcare quality or analytical environment, or a combination of experience in healthcare with significant experience in HIPAA/Privacy compliance in a major health care organization.
- Should have 1 years’ experience in health care privacy/compliance, business intelligence reporting, data mining, data analysis, and/or statistical analysis or related area.
- Should have in-depth knowledge of business intelligence functions, knowledge and skill in internal databases, BI applications, tools, and systems.
- Should have knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security standards and other regulatory standards for privacy, confidentiality, clinical research, healthcare.
- Should have knowledge of healthcare and medical terminology, healthcare compliance, IT expertise related to HIPAA security rule, as well as knowledge of JCAHO, DHS, CMIA, CMS, Lanterman Petris Short Act and other external regulations to ensure compliance.
- Should have excellent communication skills.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sabrina: email@example.com - 678-487-8581
Pearl: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9917
Regina: email@example.com - 678-310-2892