Privacy Compliance Analyst
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94118
Job Title : Privacy Compliance Analyst
Location : San Francisco, CA 94118
Duration : 5 Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for conducting complex investigations of suspected and reported violations of laws and policies, including those with significant potential impact.
- Should conduct moderate to complex investigations and obtain legal opinions when appropriate to determine investigative activities.
- Responsible for providing recommendations for resolution of issues.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of action plans to maintain compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Designs metrics and reports on privacy activity showing comparative period data and trends.
- Oversees participates in the maintenance of privacy program database systems, information management, storage, retrieval, issue tracking, and summary reports.
- Responsible for monitoring and investigating database errors and operational issues.
- Should be able to research, recommend and implement new audit tools and processes.
- Should evaluate existing policies and procedures, revises or develops new policies and procedures for compliance with state and federal regulations and regulatory agency audit standards (e.g., Office for Civil Rights, California Department of Public Health).
- Responsible for maintaining a centralized file of all current privacy-related policies and procedures as a reference for the client’s Privacy Office and Prima/Marin Privacy Program.
- Should develop and implement training modules and other education guidance for Privacy Compliance and project development as well as other educational activities as assigned.
- Works with the Prima/Marin stakeholders to respond to and resolve investigations, grievances, and consults, including complex fraud, ethical, research, and legal issues related to privacy, in a multidisciplinary and collaborative manner, and to document per Privacy Office.
- Requires flexibility to orient and work at all client’s locations.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or training.
- Should have a master's degree in Public Health, Public Administration or Biostatistics, with strong clinical or compliance background or equivalent experience as privacy analyst in a healthcare setting.
- Should be a registered nurse or have other clinical licensure.
- Should have a Certification in Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), IAPP Certification: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC).
- Should have the ability to implement HIPAA and other privacy regulations.
- Should have project management and database management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the privacy program database systems to administer the database and troubleshoot issues. In-depth knowledge of research and reporting to comply with privacy regulations.
- Should have 1-2 years of demonstrated supervisory or project management expertise.
- Should have strong oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Travel - 20 -45% Marin - San Francisco (primarily in San Francisco)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Cindy : firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9927
Rosa: email@example.com - 678-250-9926