Privacy Investigation Coordinator – Health Care
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94118
Job Title : Privacy Investigation Coordinator – Health Care
Location : San Francisco, CA - 94118
Duration : 5+ Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for conducting moderate to complex investigations of suspected and reported violations of laws and policies. Presents findings to include assessment of potential liability and medical center impact. Investigates issues and implements solutions and manages multiple complex privacy/compliance HIPAA projects.
- Should conduct initial risk assessments for privacy issues and complaints through research, interviewing, analyzing and then implement course of action according to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing and implementing and monitoring action plans to maintain compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for analyzing privacy and compliance and identifies patterns or trends and provides regular reports and proposals to address issues to management.
- Responsible for data gathering, analysis and presentation for privacy office data for client. Oversees the maintenance of databases, verifying systems, processes, and procedures are followed. Independently monitors and investigates database errors and operational issues. Prepare database queries and reports as required by the Privacy Officers.
- Responsible for data entry, monitoring and tracking of HIPAA consultations, investigations and issues received in person, on the phone and through the mail/email. Track and manage data for report production.
- Responsible for using audit tools to assess compliance of privacy and security of patient and health related information at all levels of complexity.
- Works with legal counsel, external agencies and management to manage breach incidents. Provides education and consultation to hospital and medical staff regarding the requirements, coordinates integration of standards and regulations with medical center or health system operations.
- Should have a bachelor's degree in related area and 3 years of related experience and / or equivalent experience / training, JD Preferred.
- Should have a master's degree or equivalent experience as privacy analyst in a healthcare setting.
- Looking for someone who is fresh out of law school.
- Should have healthcare experience and investigations experience.
- Should have privacy/compliance experience.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance and Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS).
- IAPP Certification: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM).
- Investigate, analyze data, provide remediation for aPeX misfax and mishanded document.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sabrina: email@example.com ; 678-487-8581
Regina: firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-310-2892