Richmond Richmond, VA 23219
Job Title: Production Coordinator
Location: Richmond, Virginia - 23219
Duration: 5 Months Contract
About Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Most important hard skill is computer proficiency as 90% of the job is on the computer in our manufacturing/scheduling program, Excel, or in MS Outlook.
Develop and maintain the master production schedule for the assigned assets. Responsible for working with planning peers, plant management and sales/customer service group to produce an accurate and timely production plan to meet customer requirements, inventory targets and division cost goals. Responsible for planning inventory transfers between distribution facilities to meet customer needs.
Description of Key Activities & Responsibilities:
Responsible for developing and updating the master production schedule for assigned assets.
This includes adjustments to the schedule to balance loads and optimize resources.
• Communicate product promise dates and availability status updates to the sales/customer service group.
• Responsible for scheduling seven (7) days of shop orders for assigned assets and a production plan by work center and communicating these schedules in a timely fashion.
• Negotiate compromise solutions and proactively resolve scheduling conflicts to effectively balance cost, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain strong lines of communication with planning peers, plant management and sales/customer service group to produce an accurate and timely production plan.
• Responsible for planning inventory transfers between distribution facilities, balancing the need to service customers with the need to manage freight spend responsibly.
Key Outcomes & Accountabilities:
• Accurate and timely 7-day production schedule by work center for assigned assets.
• Accurate and timely product promise dates and availability updates.
• Ongoing productive partnership with peers in planning, coordinators/peers at the plants, and the sales/customer service group.
• Accurate and timely distribution of inventory from finishing/shipping at the assigned plant to meet customer shipments and cover forecasted demand.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to multi-task and produce highly detailed, quality work with very low error rate.
• Ability to work in a demanding, time pressured environment with tight deadlines.
• High tolerance for ambiguity and change. Demonstrated ability to bring order to chaotic situations.
• Good communication skills (oral and written).
• Good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Computer skills: Must be proficient with MS Excel.
• Minimum of four-year college degree with an analytical focus such as supply chain management, engineering, business administration or related fields
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org; 702-827-0376