Wakefield, Massachusetts, US - 02458 Wakefield, MA 02458
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Wakefield, Massachusetts, US - 02458
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client : Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- 3rd shift, but flexible to work other shifts if needed
- 11pm – 7am
- Monday night to Saturday morning
- In this case there will be overtime, supervisors always come in a few minutes early and leave a few minutes later, that can be up to one hour. Also, if there’s work on a Saturday there will be a need for supervisor coverage.
- Opportunity summary: As a Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of production in the facility. In this role you will communicate performance expectations to shift workers, ensure production targets and metrics are met to achieve production demands, supervise machine productivity and quality, and manage personnel daily.
How You Will Impact:
- Execute safety briefs to crews on designated shift, daily, weekly, monthly and annually
- Monitor workplace safety environment to identify and address any unsafe conditions
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies, safe work practices, and plant policies
- Monitor and track production daily goals for the Corrugator or Converting machines utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report results on the plant scorecard
- Manage workforce planning, including fulfillment of work schedules and adherence to attendance policies (vacations, floating days, call ins, etc.)
- Communicate effectively with all functional areas of the plant to ensure all production needs are successfully achieved
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Union to align business needs and requirements
- Promote positive employee relations and interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Supervise daily production activities, including oversight of team members, and monitor performance levels of each team member
- Monitor and participate in Daily Management Systems (DMS) to track progress against production goals and enable performance excellence
What You Need To Succeed:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience or working in a production environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery
- Proven experience utilizing plant program technology. such as AS/400, Kiwi, etc.
- Ability to be an on-shift resource for troubleshooting problems in the process as well as maintenance issues
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions
- Possess ability to be a self-directed team player
- Ability to problem solve and analyze line operations with minimal developmental guidance
- Proven successful track record in managing, motivating and building teams
- Ability to communicate effectively and adjust communication style based on audience
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter