Chattanooga, Tennessee, US Chattanooga, TN 37409
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, US
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 24 Months
- The Project Engineer is responsible for providing project management, design engineering, and ad-hoc technical support of packaging and processing operations. The Project Engineer is responsible for all aspects of a project from development of costs and concepts to technical support after implementation.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Full-cycle capital project management
- Performs all aspects of project engineering including design, procurement, construction management, installation, and qualification
- Performs all aspects of project management including scope, cost, schedule, and resource allocation
- Establishes and implements new process methods in product manufacturing and packaging to reduce costs and/or to improve production reliability
- Develops cost estimates and conceptual designs for new products, line extensions, and packaging operations
- Works with Operations and Maintenance teams to troubleshoot, modify, and improve packaging and processing machines
- Collaborates with Department Managers to improve productivity through process changes, equipment replacement, or additional equipment
- Provides on-the-floor troubleshooting assistance for plant operations
- Supports development of facility and equipment qualification and commissioning including IQ/OQ/PQ/FAT and Engineering Studies
- Develops new procedures, innovative systems, equipment and technologies that enhance operational effectiveness
- This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college preferred. An AS degree in Mechatronics or a similar electrical controls field may also be considered
- 2-5 years applicable experience in project engineering in a manufacturing environment. Experience with high-speed automated production equipment (robotics, PLC, DCS, SCADA, and open / closed loop control systems) is preferred.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Debasis Banerjee