Houston Houston, TX 77001
Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Houston, TX - 77001
Duration: 6+ months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- For this job we are looking for someone that can lead the testing efforts for a cross-functional agile team that works with both WPF desktop applications and cloud-based web applications.
- The individual filling this job will be responsible for developing the test steps, managing the suite of tests, writing coded UI tests , and manually running tests for the team.
- Implementation of test automation via C# Coded UI
- Develop software testing standards and facilitate the development of testing strategies for the team
- Engage customers to create and clarify acceptance criteria and ensure that tests are designed to validate that criteria
- Define, capture and report on testing metrics that help the team evaluate their progress and update their testing strategies
- Develop and interpret scripts for automated software regression testing
- Analyze software application usability to develop effective and ergonomic user interfaces
- Comfortable working on a cross functional agile team
- Able to work occasional evening or early morning hours for global collaboration
- Ability to coordinate testing efforts between developers, expert users, and testers
- Technical Documentation
- Write manual test scripts
- Write end user documentation
- Produce end user documentation videos
- Develop other instructional materials and products.
- Experience with software development in the .NET Framework
- Display proficiency with:
- Team Foundation Server for defect and test tracking
- Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework
- Audio/video recording of software applications
- Accurately and concisely capturing defect information for consumption by cross-functional team
- Software debugging techniques
- Be able to implement and maintain testing automation and scripting (C# CodedUI Tests [required] + White framework[preferred], Selenium [nice to have], Cucumber [nice to have])
- Experience with the testing of desktop WPF applications (web-based applications a plus)
- TDD, ATDD, and BDD practices.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Mac Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-298-7894