QA Linguist - Senior (Japanese)
San Mateo San Mateo, CA 94404
Job Title: QA Linguist – Senior (Japanese)
Location: San Mateo, CA - 94404
Duration: 12+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client creates products that bring joy to tens of millions of people around the world every day. They bring together game developers, software engineers, data analysts, content creators, network services, cybersecurity, operations, business administration and cross-functional professionals – working as a team to create incredible experiences on a global stage.
- The Sr. Linguistic QA (Japanese) will be responsible for delivering high quality localized (Japanese) products (UI strings, Web, documentation) for Japan.
- Reviewing localized UI strings, Web and other Documentations for Japan
- Checking that the localized material uses appropriate and approved terminology and style based on the existing reference material (Style Guide, Glossaries, Software Terminology Guide) for the various PlayStation product lines (PS4, PSVita, PS3, NP, etc)
- Making sure that localized material meets high quality language standard
- Communicating directly with Vendors’ lead linguists for various terminology issues encountered during a project
- Communicating with other client Localization team members, regional reviewers and vendors’ lead linguists as needed
- Analyzing available information and taking the best decisions for terminology usage based on discussions with lead linguists, LQA team, regional reviewers and project PMs
- Conduct in-context reviews of translated strings using various PlayStation device or APPs
- Lists out the job skills that must be met to perform the position (i.e. Managing subordinates; Knowledge specifications)
- BS or BA in Linguistic /English or Translation / Interpretation related field
- Native level in Japanese and has work experience in Japan
- 5+ years of experience with translation and linguistic QA of technology products
- Familiarity with Translation Memory and Localization Tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web applications
- Excellent track record in delivering Localized Japanese Products
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritizing and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (English & Japanese) both in writing and in speaking
- In-depth knowledge of terminology assets including glossaries and localization style guides
- Must be able to work independently, be a good team player, demonstrate respect for others and meet commitment under tight deadlines
Preferred Knowledge / Skills:
- Knowledge of gaming industry and gaming consoles
- Experience with testing of localized software applications and knowledge of internationalization and localization issues
- Familiar with Bug tracking systems
- Experience working in global markets and/or living both in U.S and Japan.
- Knowledge of other language(s) is a plus
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Typically requires 0-3 years of related experience.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Venu @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 415-903-5218