Raw Material Purchaser
Wichita Wichita, KS 67052
Job Title: Raw Material Purchaser
Location: Wichita, KS - 67052
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
Responsible for managing purchase of aerospace grade raw materials and other raw material buy items. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for raw material commodities. Processes and maintains purchase orders with up-to-date information and resolves issues with suppliers. Reviews, interprets, negotiates and administers purchase orders and contracts, on terms favorable considering best value, delivery and price as well as the administration of those subcontracts. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Primary interface with the company's raw material supplier base. Responsible for their suppliers' performance.
- Solicits and reviews proposals/quotations from vendors to support business needs.
- Corresponds with raw material suppliers for quotations and follows up on purchase orders to ensure on time delivery.
- Interfaces with raw material suppliers on terms, price negotiations, supplier performance evaluations, secondary sourcing as needed.
- Works with Materials and Production Planning to launch initiatives to reduce inventory levels and increase inventory turns.
- Reviews raw material levels weekly to ensure target levels are achieved and reports on changes.
- Creates process improvement by establishing visual Kanban systems.
- Associates Degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- Knowledge & functionality in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Extract data from SAP and working knowledge of Excel vlookup, pivot tables and formulas
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to work closely with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Program Management and Contracts
- Possess innovative thinking skills with a high degree of motivation
- Demonstrated experience in multitasking, attention to detail, and organizational skills
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Yamini @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2377