Research Associate II
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US Cambridge, MA 2142
Job Title: Research Associate II
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 Months With Possible Extension
- HEVA (Health Economics and Value Assessment Manager/Contractor)
Purpose Of Role:
- To support rare disease and rare blood disorder portfolio to plan and generate robust health economics and value based evidence to maximize the value propositions from both a global and US perspective working within the Market Access tripod.
Major Activities / Key Responsibilities:
- Health Economics strategy, evidence generation and reimbursement support
- Support the execution of quality research projects, economic models, trial design recommendations and other activities in support of programs/products. The incumbent reports to the HEVA Product Lead and interfaces with Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, External Affairs and Market Access. He/she supports the planning, design, implementation and completion of innovative evidenc-based research programs that are consistent with program/product strategies. The research programs developed will provide appropriate evidence and/or tools to be used for internal decision making and for external audiences at product launch and over product life cycle.
- (Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned). Minimum requirements within this job function:
- Manage the HEVA evidence generation plan (20%)
- Develop research plan to support pre-launch, launch and post-launch evidence for investigational and marketed drugs
- Evidence generation plan includes burden of illness studies, epidemiology, literature reviews, meta-analysis, retrospective and prospective observational studies, ecomomic evaluations, development and analysis of patient-reported outcomes
- Execute approved HEVA studies and manage ongoing studies according to budget and timeline expectations (20%)
- Supports the HEVA product lead to manage and execute research studies to support the clinical, economic and humanistic value of products
- Studies include but are not limited to burden of illness studies, epidemiology, literature reviews, meta-analysis, retrospective and prospective observational studies, ecomomic evaluations, and patient-reported outcomes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders including Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Commercial and Market Access. (10%)
- Sets evidence generation priorities and direction for assigned responsibilities and is able to incorporate this into appropriate planning documents (10%)
- Supports contracting and project management activities pertaining to HEVA studies (20%)
- Works with contracts managers to ensure timely execution of contracts
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining budget sheet, contracts, SOWs etc.
- All incumbents are expected to demonstrate effective communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. The incumbent is expected to work independently, but in concert with the direction provided by their management, in accordance with defined functional policies and precedents, budgetary guidelines, company values, ethics and applicable law.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Demonstrated contributions to product success
- Development and execution of tactics that address data gaps and customer needs and ensure tactics support scientific, regulatory and reimbursement/access trends and events that will affect Clients standing as a valued healthcare partner
- Expertise recognized within the function, corporation and healthcare field
- Develops and maintains peer relationships with clinical and economic methods
- Established track record of scientific and/or methods publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Compliance with all relevant internal SOPs and external laws and regulations.
- Strong project management and analytical skills to translate clinical and economic information and messages into payer evidence strategies.
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Understanding of the disease environment and the evolution of the market access landscape and implications for the business
- At least 3 years of experience in HEOR or market access in pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academic experience
- Proven track record working successfully in a project/matrix-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand and present complex information in digestible ways for internal (e.g. senior management) and external audiences
- Strong team spirit, sense of transversality, multicultural awareness and ability to drive matrix teams
- Understands reimbursement decisions to determine value drivers and how evidence is used in decision making and how it impacts various payers (e.g., providers, patients, health systems)
- Knowledge of methods and principles of health economics, health technology assessment (HTA) reviews
- Systematically reviewed available scientific evidence to identify clinical needs of the payer
- Understands, creates and applies relevant methods (e.g., observational data, post hoc analysis of clinical trials, meta-analysis, indirect comparison, etc..) to demonstrate product value potential
- Advanced degree (Doctoral or Masters level) in relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding disease physiopathology, drug mechanism of action, clinical development principles, epidemiology, biostatistics, statistical programming, patient-reported outcome development, systemic literature reviews, network meta-analyses
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Debasis Banerjee