Revenue Management – Charge Capture
Emeryville Emeryville, CA 94608
Job Title : Revenue Management – Charge Capture
Location : Emeryville, CA 94608
Duration : 2+ Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Ensures account information contains accurate and comprehensive data to provide timely billing and optimal reimbursement for services.
- Responsible for identifying data source, develops and delivers routing and adhoc reports and presentations.
- Should evaluate revenue cycle inquiries and propose improvements or enhancements to system to maximize revenue.
- Should conduct and evaluate annual charge capture reviews and workflows to ensure consistent principles with coding, nomenclature and pricing for assigned cost center and/or new department creation.
- Impacts processes to include charge capture, coding, insurance identification, data entry, billing, payment posting, refund processing and collections.
- Responsible for monitoring gross revenue metrics against established benchmarks for assigned cost centers, assist clinical department to identify revenue variance root-causes and mitigation of discovered issues and communicates.
- Responsible for understanding of all areas of the revenue cycle, including Patient Financial Services (PFS), Health Information Management (HIM), and Reimbursement Services.
- Should perform daily review and monitor clinical department workqueues (APeX Charge Review, Account, and Charge Router Review workqueues, etc) and provide assistance to department representatives to resolve issues.
- Responsible for leading, supporting, and coordinating on-going charge capture improvement initiatives for assigned service line areas including charge reconciliation activities, new service implementation, and identification of revenue management opportunities.
- Should coordinate all revenue integrity activities on behalf of assigned service line areas, department charge capture education, charge audit activities, charge description master management, and monitoring of charge capture related metrics.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have 4-6 years of experience in clinical charge capture, charge description master, coding, government/third-party reimbursement, or similar healthcare experience.
- Should have Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience and training.
- Should have coding certification (e.g. RHIA, CCS, etc.) and Epic certification.
- Should have experience in managing and/or developing charge description master or charge capture processes, policies, and/or procedures.
- Should have knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), and Revenue codes.
- Should have strong skills in report development, dashboard design, and various software tools specific to healthcare revenue cycle management.
- Should have strong communications skills, PC skills, MS Office skills, database, spreadsheet and presentation software skills.
- Should have experience using hospital information systems and Epic billing system.
- Requires flexibility to orient and work at all client’s locations.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Regina @ email@example.com ; 678-310-2892
Shelly @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-819-8516