Patchogue Patchogue , NY 11772
JOb Title: Rewind Operator
Location: Patchogue NY - 11772
Duration: 3 Months Contract
About Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Inspects each job for quality and rewinds in compliance with customer specifications.
Essential job functions:
- Rewinds product according to customer specifications and internal procedures.
- Visually inspects labels for defects.
- Assists supervisor/manager with decisions on quality when not clearly within defined parameters.
- Sets up multiple slitter units.
- Slits down jobs.
- Responsible for product segregation to avoid cross contamination.
- Maintains inventory of rewind material and replenishes as needed.
- Adheres to SOP's, procedures and work instructions.
- Sets up and runs the Label Vision System.
- Splices rolls together following customer's specifications.
- Maintains the Rewind equipment using the PM schedules.
- Follows procedures to setup and operate the back numbering equipment.
- Operates the table top rewind equipment when needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Two months’ related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions. .
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position has special vision requirements:
- Color vision – ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Close vision – clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Distance vision – clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Peripheral vision – ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down and/or left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to adjust focus – adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Nicole @ firstname.lastname@example.org 678-250-9918