SAP Basis with HANA
Palo Alto Palo Alto, CA 94301
Job Title : SAP Basis with HANA
Location : Palo Alto, CA - 94301
Duration : Fulltime
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
The SAP NetWeaver Administrator is responsible for the management of the SAP environment. The SAP Basis Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. The SAP Basis Administrator collaborates to resolve SAP transport and source code problems. The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems. Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP and external systems, maintenance of the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within SAP.
A key area of responsibility is the documentation and updating of the existing SAP environment and work with IT and business units to modernize the SAP environment.
The SAP Basis Administrator must possess the ability to analyze situations and provide problem resolution. Excellent written and oral communication skills with 8-10+ years of experience are a requirement.
Example Activities Include:
- Install / Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers.
- Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload.
- Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances.
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Administer the SAP database (Oracle 12c and HANA) (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design, implement and perform backup and restore, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, DB HA and DR setup, etc.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Bruce Kulkarni @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678 606 9871