Scientist - Translational Development
Summit, New Jersey, US - 07901 Summit, NJ 07901
Job Title: Scientist - Translational Development
Location: Summit, New Jersey, US - 07901
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months With Possible Extension
- This Consultant will have a broad understanding of molecular cell biology and immunology, with unique expertise in small molecule drug development for therapy of various immuno-inflammatory diseases.
- The incumbent is responsible for addressing questions of drug mechanism of action and supporting patient selection using current techniques and primarily in vitro and ex vivo methods; and is responsible for experiment design, execution and data interpretation for well-defined projects.
- This employee will keep good data records and write reports and will support the supervisor for patent process when sufficient scientific evidence available and data publishing for peer-reviewed articles when appropriate.
Specific Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following:
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo assays for testing lead compounds in a various type of cells; analyze, interpret and report experimental results; write status reports, non-clinical pharmacology study reports; Interface with computational biologists to analyze genomics data for understanding mechanism of action of Client drugs in development
- Contribute and participate in the scientific support for publications and patentable ideas
- BA/BS or MS with 6+ years relevant work experience
- hands-on experiences with drug screening assays
- hands-on experiences with cDNA array, RT-PCR, Western blot, Luminex
- proficient with general skills of molecular cell biology, such as DNA manipulation, RNA isolation, electrophoresis, gel staining, PCR
- experience with Microsoft Office Suite, electronic notebook and GraphPad Prism
- excellent organization, communication, data interpretation/analysis skills
- flexible and adaptable to changing projects and work assignments
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, twglobal delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out TA Recruiter
Recruiter: Debasis Banerjee