Scientist II - Epigenetics
San Diego, California, US - 92121 San Diego, CA 92121
Job Title: Scientist II - Epigenetics
Location: San Diego, California, US - 92121
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months With Possible Extension
- Client Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide.
- We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 60 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology and inflammation.
- If you’d like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Client family.
- We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our Epigenetic team in Oncology. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in NGS techniques, including ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq, WGBS, and WGS.
- Further, the candidate will be expected to design and implement novel NGS techniques aimed at elucidating transcriptional control of cancer.
- Finally, this position will play a key role in the execution of epigenetic profiling projects and will work closely with Biology, Bioinformatics, and Sequencing Research groups at Client.
- This position requires a PhD in biology, a solid understanding in Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation and at least 5 years of productive research experience. Experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following:
- Strong knowledge in enhancer-mediated regulation of the genome, especially in cancer, is highly desired.
- Proficient in cell biology, including shRNA and CRISPR.
- Experience in epigenetic profiling studies, including ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq, WGBS, and WGS is required. Experience in single cell approaches is a plus.
- Highly motivated, innovative, and strong team player.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, twglobal delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Debasis Banerjee