Security Analyst (Malware Detection & Response)
Mountain View Mountain View, CA 94101
Job Title: Security Analyst (Malware Detection & Response)
Location: Mountain View, CA - 94101
Duration: 6+ months
About Our Client: Client Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, Client serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
- As a Security Analyst with client you will have two main responsibilities: proactively identifying and flagging malicious applications and responding to incidents in collaboration with other members of the team.
- You will work to understand mobile threats by analyzing and responding to malware, which is internally known in client as potentially harmful applications or PHA (e.g., such as spyware, Trojans and backdoors). You will be responsible for keeping these applications out of client Play and off devices by using internal tools to investigate how they operate, get distributed and evade detection. Once you identify malicious behavior, you will flag the app for removal or notification to the user and will also update and improve our tools to catch similar PHA in the future.
- If a new PHA is reported to us and is affecting a large number of users, you will be responsible for leading the analysis and containment the issue by following existing incident response procedures until the case is resolved.
- Your work as a Security Analyst in client Play Protect will contribute to improving the security of over 2 billion users around the globe that have Android devices and rely on our technology to identify and remove mobile threats.
- Identifying mobile threats and classifying them
- Drive resolution to incidents
- BA/BS degree in an engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience, for example, in security operations, abuse detection, incident management, reverse engineering or security analysis and testing
- Spoken and written English ability required
- Experience with Android (OS and apps)
- Experience with Java
- Experience with the analysis of, and response to malicious software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong self-motivation and orientation toward results
- General ability to solve complicated problems
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Bruce Kulkarni firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-606-9871