Urbandale Urbandale, IA 50322
Job Title: Security Specialist
Location: Urbandale, IA - 50322
Duration: 6 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
- Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Monitor and manage physical alarms and alerts based on criticality.
- Provide effective first-tier problem recognition to mitigate interruptions to service by troubleshooting or escalating potential threats affecting physical infrastructure.
- Utilize standard procedures to effectively process infrastructure alarms and alerts while maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Preparing required documentation for a given event and follow-up per the applicable regulatory requirement or standards.
- Use monitoring tools to effectively manage the alarms and alerts.
- Maintain basic understanding of physical infrastructure and access control systems used by the company as well as software and other technologies used for physical security.
- Support the NERC-CIP Compliance department's response to audits, events and advisories to internal and external entities within the required time limits.
- Respond to inquiries and provide basic problem resolution based on established policies and procedures or past experiences.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Associates degree in law enforcement, homeland security, or related field; or equivalent work experience preferred. (Typically three of related, progressive work experience or industry certifications would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a degree.)
- Previous experience working in physical security.
- Basic knowledge of security principles and basic understanding of information security.
- Effective communication skills including listening, oral and writing skills to process information timely and accurately.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vito @ email@example.com - 702-827-0376