Senior BI Engineer
San Jose San Jose, CA San Jose,
Job Title Senior BI Engineer
Location San Jose, CA - 94088
Duration 6 months
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
- Strong understanding of how data solves for analytical and operational use cases in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product development, or Customer Care
- Produce visualizations and stories that connect data analysis, data science and analytics to useful business insights.
- Create impactful presentations and reports to educate internal and external customers on solutions, insights and opportunities.
- Design and build database-driven analytical solutions and dashboards.
- Analyze performance metrics, business functions and operations to determine insights and recommendations to customers.
- Provide direction to product managers and engineers using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Ability to handle and adjust to change in requirements and direction.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail and great problem solving skills are important.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a team-centric focus while working in a fluid environment.
Qualifications And Experience:
- 3+ years of functional or data experience with attention to detail
- 3+ years hands-on experience with business intelligence tools (Power BI, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with OLAP / multi-dimensional data cubes
- Hands on experience in working with MS SQL Technologies – specifically SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- Requires bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in Business Analytics/Computer Science or MBA is a plus.
- Hands on experience in developing and deploying Power BI, Tableau Dashboards and Workbooks and UI Tools like React, Redux, Angular
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong Experience with BI tools and ability to create report mockups, self serve data models and dashboard prototypes
- Strong experience with development of MDX/DAX multi - dimensional and tabular cube models
- Strong understanding of big data platforms (HANA, Hadoop, Redshift, etc.) and both streaming & ETL processes, and familiarity with SQL/Python
- Good understanding of data modeling and RDBMS concepts and experience working on star and snowflake schemas. Sub Con 75 on Corp to Corp Additional Domain Experience required
- Independent reporting/Analyst experience required.
- Strong profile on Microsoft Cube developer(SSAS) + Power BI tool.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2377