Senior Big Data Engineer
McLean McLean, VA 22101
Job Title: Senior Big Data Engineer
Location: McLean, VA - 22101
Duration: 6 months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- 7-10+ years of experience with Hadoop and/or Cloud based experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge in Big Data Hadoop Stack specifically with Cloudera Distribution.
- Design, develop, and implement advanced data pipelines that bring together data from disparate sources, making it available to data analysts and other users using Apache NiFi, Stream sets and/or Python Programming Language.
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team and clients to deliver a technical solution that meets the unique needs.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to the development team.
- Some of the technologies might include: Hadoop Ecosystem, Cloudera Distribution, HBase, Hive, Spark/PySpark, Kafka, HDInsight, Elasticsearch, Streamsets, Apache NiFi and various data stores such as MongoDB, HDFS, S3, and Azure Storage
- Good knowledge of RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server and ETL technologies like SSIS
- Leverage support best practices and process frameworks to drive continual process improvement
- Ensure adherence to quality standards
- Provide quality and testing support for all projects involving assigned applications
- Should be a strong communicator and be able to work independently with minimum involvement from client SMEs
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Nick Jones @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 415-226-0209