Senior Database Admin - SQL Developer
Tempe Tempe, AZ 85284
Job Title: Senior Database Admin - SQL Developer
Location: Tempe, AZ - 85284
Duration: 5+ Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational human resource consulting firm headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. They provide recruitment and assessment, training and development, career management, outsourcing, and workforce consulting. The client has over 3,900 offices in 82 countries.
The Senior Microsoft SQL DBA / Data Analyst candidate will build and help maintain database solutions for CLIENT business applications. Works in collaboration with the CLIENT Technology development team, the Systems/Infrastructure team, and CLIENT program teams to understand data requirements, perform optimizations, and support the growing needs of the business. Provides SQL Server database support and maintenance with an emphasis on designing database scalability, availability, and fault tolerant solutions in a dynamic cloud environment. Additional responsibilities include designing and implementing data integration modules for extracting, transforming, and loading, optimizing databases, optimizing Tableau Connections, and implementing new publishing process across environments.
Participates in overall development process including estimation and planning, as well as architecture, design, and code reviews. Requires customer focused development and a continuous drive to exceed the business and clients expectations.
Primary Job Functions:
- Acts as the subject matter expert for all complex database administrative tasks and designs/recommends solutions to complex database needs. Works closely with Application Architects to design and implement improvements to existing databases and data processing and develop new methods and databases.
- Works with CLIENT Technology development team in providing database architecture and design for new/enhanced application functionality. Participates in architecture and design reviews. Mentors any junior Data Analysts.
- Manages routine SQL database responsibilities including monitoring, log shipping, and daily/monthly maintenance jobs. Provide production support as needed.
- Designs and implements new stored procedures, triggers, and indexes and optimizes existing data processing and to improve performance and system stability.
- Works with Business Analyst and CLIENT Program Teams to obtain data requirements and perform data analysis; designs and implements data integration modules for extract/transform/load (SSIS ETL) functions.
- Supports day to day data analysis for customer inquiries and reports, including oversight of Data Analyst task execution.
- Supports Business Intelligence team through optimization of Tableau Connections / Tableau reporting tables.
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL database administration and maintaining databases for enterprise applications.
- 4+ years’ experience in supporting large datasets and/or data warehouses
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL Server queries and stored procedure development
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL development
- 3+ years’ experience in SQL Service SSIS ETL design and implementation based upon business requirements
- 2+ years’ experience with Visual Studio
- 2+ years’ experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar tool
- Experienced in defining and manipulating complex SQL including mathematical functions, grouping, joins, sub-select, etc.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience identifying and implementing infrastructure improvements with a focus on SQL database, including cost efficiency opportunities, as well as performance efficiencies
- Serve a peer to Sr. Systems Engineer and Sr/Lead Data Analyst in learning and support SQL Server integration scripts and processes, including database administration functions
- Plan, monitor, direct and complete special projects as assigned
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with designing and/or supporting data marts or data warehouse in Virtual Machine environment
- Experience with Azure and Azure SQL a strong plus.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment desired
- Experience with MDS/MDM desired
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Tableau or PowerBI SQL server data sources a strong plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet formats for data analysis, organization, and loading
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Quickly self-educate on emerging technologies
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ email@example.com; 702-827-0376