Senior Front End Developer
Mallvern Mallvern, PA 19355
Job Title: Senior Front End Developer
Location: Mallvern, PA - 19355
Duration: 6 Months contract (Potential for Extension)
About Client: Our client, a leader in the financial services industry in Malvern, PA has a long term (6+ month) contract role available to assist on an International UX Project.
- Translates advanced design compositions and technical specifications into clean, standards-compliant, semantic markup and responsive webpages or native applications by understanding the layout and behavior of the design. Develops functional and efficient production client-side code, server-side code, and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, and backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of web applications. Integrates third party products as necessary. Leads development efforts for testing and experimentation, including usability and A/B and multivariate testing. Implements solutions that are efficient, testable, and scalable. Serves as a technical lead for junior team members.
- Works with business owners, designers and developers to implement a high quality user experience. Recommends and effectively explains improvements in functionality, navigation, and UI design elements that enable users and internal business clients to achieve their goals. Builds working relationships across divisions. Delegates work to other team members as necessary.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Tests webpages and conducts functional testing for team projects when needed. Audits webpages to ensure they project the desired look and feel. Completes applicable test documentation.
- Researches, evaluates, and reports on the evolving technologies related to this role. Continually searches for new ways to utilize current tools and researches new tools that can enhance workflow. Works with the all applicable departments to get new tools approved for evaluation and standardization. Develops plans for implementing new tools into workflow. Recommends solutions that will be applicable across organizations.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or design
- Minimum five years industry/field specific experience. Minimum of five years of front-end development.
- Experience writing regular expressions preferred.
- Experience with node.js and related node-based tools, as well as the iPhone SDK preferred.
- Expert knowledge of web standards and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Extensive experience taking design comps and translating them into their web-based equivalents.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and/or Git, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of the following UI design practices and concepts: user-centered design, highly interactive interfaces, UI heuristics and principles, technical writing, business and user workflow, logical information organization and navigation, prototyping, and use case scenarios.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Victor @ email@example.com - 678-487-8577