Senior/Principal Process Engineer
Sylmar, California, US - 91392 Sylmar, CA 91392
Job Title: Senior/Principal Process Engineer
Location: Sylmar, California, US - 91392
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- The Senior/Principal Engineer identifies and resolves technical issues with current products or qualifies enhancements to existing product configurations.
- The incumbent will have a mixture of individual contributor and managerial roles. As part of the Manufacturing Technical Operations group, the incumbent will lead Continuous Process Improvement or problem-solving efforts, including planning and scoping the project and using daily management for project execution.
- This involves leading junior level engineers, guiding them in project execution and problem-solving techniques, and being responsive to project priorities and their impact on business goals and objectives. The incumbent must present technical and non-technical aspects of assignments, work effectively with all level positions within and outside the department, unify team efforts, and resolve project issues.
- We are seeking a high caliber Senior/Principal Process Engineer who will perform analyses to develop design specifications and performance requirements.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process (advantages/limitations) engineering planning.
- Selects techniques to solve problems and make sound design recommendations.
- You will act under the general supervision of an Engineering Manager on multiple assignments of complex nature and broad scope.
- Most of your work will involve close collaboration and dynamic interactions with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality Engineering regarding development of new products.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Establish processes based on product specifications.
- Evaluate process and design alternatives based on “Design for Manufacturability” principles.
- Understand principles of “Cost of Goods Sold”
- Manage program compliance with Quality Control requirements (i.e. Design Control, Process validation etc.).
- Understand IP issues relative to processes being developed.
- Writes complex procedures, protocols and reports.
- Review and update global procedures, adheres to policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies.
- Understand work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Set technical standards, policies, and procedures within assigned area
- Maintain design tools, guidelines, documentation and checklists within assigned area and ensure that these are efficient and cost effective
- Participate in the resolution of problems in operating units
- Work with Sales Support to produce optimized process solutions in both the budgetary and proposal phases that can be smoothly handed off for project execution.
- Contribute and participate in customer meetings. Keep up to date with customer needs and technologies within the assigned area, communicate regularly with UOP Process Engineers on new technology/tool development in other UOP locations and communicate change to others within Equipment.
- Transfer new technology into the group by planning and conducting information sessions. Assigned problems make it necessary to modify established guides, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new ways and draw conclusions from comparative situations.
- Convey advantages of proposed technological schemes, lay-out alternatives, discuss operational or monetary benefits of schemes, represent UOP Equipment and what it stands for.
- May supervise or provide work direction to other engineers and technicians
- May lead or serve as member on cross-functional project teams
- Able to lead several projects of varying complexity effectively, adjusting priorities to meet business goals or objectives.
- A strong team contributor with effective leadership abilities.
- Plans much of your own work, recommends and leads process improvements.
- Coach less experienced engineers to enhance their skills
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required in a directly related discipline plus 8 years of related experience
- Master's Degree in a directly related discipline plus 4 years of related experience
- PhD in a directly related discipline plus 2 years of related experience
- Experience designing and testing medical devices preferred
- Experience developing manufacturing processes and technologies and designing for manufacturability preferred
- Previous project management and people management experience required
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel approximately 15%, including internationally.
- Must have excellent numerical analysis and mathematical modeling skills.
- Proficiency engineering documentation procedures; concept layouts, detail drawings, fabrication specifications, bills of materials, etc.
- Knowledge of good engineering practices and standards such as geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to give direction to engineers, designers and drafters.
- Good presentation skills are required. Must be able to tailor presentations to the correct audience, such as
- product management, fellow engineers, customers, etc.
- Ability to process data acquisition output from laboratory experiments or from systems in the field.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Jeff Kasula