Software Asset Management Specialist
Columbia Columbia, SC 29219
Job Title: Software Asset Management Specialist
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Columbia, SC-29219
About Client: Client is a federation of 36 separate United States health insurance organizations and companies, providing health insurance in the United States to more than 106 million people, also act as administrators of Medicare in many states or regions of the U.S. and provide coverage to state government employees as well as to the federal government employees under a nationwide option of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
- Responsible for supporting the life cycle of software asset management throughout a large enterprise organization including workstation, Intel servers, UNIX servers, virtualized environments and Mainframe environments.
- Responsible for analyzing and reconciling software asset inventories and entitlements against usage and deployment data. Regularly confirm license compliance for assigned software.
- Should coordinate vendor requirements within the IS organization and develop audit responses, and corrective action plans.
- Function as a subject matter expert to internal IS organizations on IS hardware and software licensing models.
- Responsible for processing creation of IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) activities and coordinating the sale of unwanted IT assets.
Skills and Experience :
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in related field or an Associate’s degree in related field with 2 years of related IT experience or 4 years of job-related work experience.
- Analytical skills are critical to this position. Should have experience with advanced Excel functionality and data manipulation.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (MS Excel) and database software (MS Access).
- Should have experience managing reports of inventory in an environment equivalent to 10,000 users and 5,000 servers.
- Should understand software licensing and how hardware configurations impacts licensing.
- Advanced knowledge of Asset Management policies, procedures and concepts.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Victor: email@example.com - 678-487-8577
Sally: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-606-9872
Shelly: email@example.com - 678-819-8516