Memphis Memphis, TN 38103
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Place Memphis TN - 38103
Duration: 6 Months Contract
About Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Frontdoor's software development philosophy is that software engineers are product focused.
- They work on a product and understand all layers of the software stack.
- The core skills that are applicable on a daily-basis are essentially the fundamentals of computer science and logical reasoning.
- Engineers are responsible for documentation, automated tests and of course writing the code itself.
- Write documentation for the code to be written
- Write automated tests for code to be written
- Implement functionality such that automated tests successfully pass and according to coding standards
- Work with product managers and UX designers to deliver most optimal and customer-friendly implementation.
- Be on-call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team
- Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans
- Optimize performance of existing implementations
- Own the product or component entirely
- Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality
- Prioritize tasks with the scrum master that leads the team to be successful
- BS in Computer Science
- At least 5 years in product development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures (trees, graphs, hash tables)
- Deep understanding of functioning and implementation of basic algorithms such as sorts, searching and the capability to explain performance characteristics and complexity using Big-O notations
- Capability to independently debug problems and analyze logs in production systems
- Capability to read existing code
- Strong understanding of various data storage options such as relational, no-SQL, etc.
- Fluency in SQL/SQL-like query
- Strong scripting skill in Shell, Python or Ruby
- Strong language skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Golang, .net Core
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ross @ email@example.com - 402-518-3275