Sr. AML/BSA Risk Analyst
Weston/Tampa, FL Weston/Tampa, FL 33326
Job Title: Sr. AML/BSA Risk Analyst
Location: Weston/Tampa, FL
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for depository and credit customers that may present a higher tier of risk to the Bank. Assesses customers for BSA/AML (Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering) risk and assigns risk ratings.
- Utilizes a variety of resources and tools to develop a base of information from which to draw inferences and conclusions in the evaluation of risk identification, measurement, monitoring and control systems within the Bank.
- Performs Customer Risk Periodic Reviews. Is capable of conducting Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing recommendations as well as drafting SAR narratives.
- Prepares key points to be presented to the CRU Manager pertaining to customers that pose high risk factors to the Bank and/or are to be considered for closure.
- Assists in minimizing and assessing BSA/AML risks to the Bank by executing customer risk procedures to mitigate unreasonable risks and potential losses to the Bank. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on current, new and/or potential customers that may present a higher tier of risk to the bank.
- Performs Customer Risk Periodic Reviews (i.e. High Profile and Special Risk reviews) including international and complex relationships.
- Prepares and adequately supports recommendations to escalate potential unusual activity.
- Capable of conducting full investigations including SAR recommendations, and drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual.
- Provides guidance and responds to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate.
- Assists as needed in conducting Inherently High Risk (IHR) new account reviews, 180-day new account risk assessments as well as any additional relationships referred that may or may not meet the High Risk/High Profile Customer criteria (e.g. reviews of Foreign PEPs, MSB Agents, ATM Owners, NGOs).
- Applies research and risk methodology to assess customers for BSA risk and recommends risk rating assignments.
- Retrieves and reviews financial transactions to identify activity commensurate with customer relationships that pose a higher financial risk exposure to the bank with emphasis on money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Identifies customer records that require further review and takes action to obtain and follow-up on attaining the information and/or documentation requested.
- Interacts with line-of-business contacts to understand client behavior and communicate activity of interest and/or concern and recommend CIP updates, as necessary.
- Applies knowledge of risks, patterns and trends related to money laundering and terrorist financing that may pose a higher risk to the bank when conducting initial and/or periodic risk assessments.
- Notifies management about adverse media findings and/or account relationships that may pose financial and/or reputational risk factors to the Bank and takes appropriate steps including preparing recommendations for closure of accounts.
- Assists management with preparation, research and response during audit and examinations.
- Assists management with other activities such as project implementation, management reporting, and other special projects that are system related or involve special reviews. Identifies and recommends possible enhancements to department processes and procedures.
- Attends BSA/AML training seminars as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Federal and State Banking Regulations
- Proficiency using applicable programs, systems, and databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to write reports and business correspondence
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Financial services/banking industry experience
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related banking experience with emphasis on BSA Compliance and enhanced due diligence in accordance with KYC, CIP, and AML/BSA guidelines.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Raj Singh