Sr. Engineer Substation Design
Reno Reno, NV 89511
Job Title: Sr. Engineer Substation Design
Location: Reno NV - 89511
Duration: 7 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced substation design engineer who can work from our Reno office. We will be flexible on the schedule, and the work can be part time (e.g. four day workweek or work part time from a home office). The individual would need to act as an NV Energy project engineer; i.e. attend project meetings, field visits and enter procurement requests. The work may involve oversight of outside engineering contractors.
- Develops economical, technically feasible, reliable substation physical and control designs with minimal supervision and guidance. (25%)
- Ensures quality control on assigned projects by providing construction support as needed, including coordination with construction forces and job site inspections. (25%)
- Provides coordination and communication with other departments such that total project schedules and expenditures are maintained in accordance with commitments. (15%)
- Provides assistance and guidance to other departments and districts in the solution of non-standard substation design problems. (15%)
- Monitors project expenditures, and practice cost control such that project commitments are met. (10%)
- Provides accurate cost estimates for use in company budgeting procedures such that cash flow requirements are identified. (5%)
- Provides input for development of detailed project schedules and update project management system to reflect the status of projects assigned. (5%)
- Ensure all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Essential Education and Skills:
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited school and 5 years industry experience as a practicing engineer, and must be a licensed PE.
- If no PE license then must have 8+ years as a practicing engineer.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Substation/control engineering principals and knowledge of other phases of engineering.
- Areas of cost control, budgets, finance, and accounting with technical experiences in cost analysis.
- Multi-tasking’s, leadership, research, analysis, project management, problem-solving and decision-making.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 702-827-0376