Sr. Engineer Substation Design
Reno Reno, NV 89511
Job Title: Sr. Engineer Substation Design
Location: Reno, Nevada - 89511
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops economical, technically feasible, reliable substation physical and control designs with minimal supervision and guidance. (25%)
- Ensures quality control on assigned projects by providing construction support as needed, including coordination with construction forces and job site inspections. (25%)
- Provides coordination and communication with other departments such that total project schedules and expenditures are maintained in accordance with commitments. (15%)
- Provides assistance and guidance to other departments and districts in the solution of non-standard substation design problems. (15%)
- Monitors project expenditures, and practice cost control such that project commitments are met. (10%)
- Provides accurate cost estimates for use in company budgeting procedures such that cash flow requirements are identified. (5%)
- Provides input for development of detailed project schedules and update project management system to reflect the status of projects assigned. (5%)
- Ensure all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited school and 5 years industry experience as a practicing engineer, and must be a licensed PE. If no PE license then must have 8+ years as a practicing engineer.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Substation/control engineering principals and knowledge of other phases of engineering.
- Areas of cost control, budgets, finance, and accounting with technical experiences in cost analysis.
- Multi-tasking’s, leadership, research, analysis, project management, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Equipment and Applications
- PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment with some field work for supervision.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ email@example.com; 702-827-0376