Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Davenport Davenport, IA 52806
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location: Davenport, IA - 52806
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Participates in designing and conducting analyses of mechanical aerospace & refueling products; includes performing static and kinematic calculations for sizing and function of mechanical components, generating and interpreting mechanical drawings and schematics, and optimizing component performance.
- Works within team to develop predictive component and product performance models.
- Evaluates mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electromechanical components for compliance to customer and regulatory requirements
- Develops test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
- Self-starter that works with others to meet technical, cost, schedule, and other program requirements.
- Works closely with suppliers on component and product development.
- Interfaces with customers as part of development team programs.
- This position will support activities to prepare for and close Critical Design Review (CDR), prepare engineering drawings for procurement, initial builds and testing of aerial refueling fuel system components and installations.
- Prepare and release of technical documentation, including engineering drawings and requirement compliance analyses.
- Support Cobham test engineering to perform defined test procedures
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace) or related technical field.
- 5+ years post graduate engineering experience with design and definition of aircraft mechanical or similar components, equipment, and installations.
- Must demonstrate previous aircraft development experience in design, sizing, and specifying aircraft mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electromechanical systems or components.
- Must demonstrate ability in engineering design solutions compliant to customer and regulatory requirements for aircraft fuel or structural components or systems.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Experience presenting technical information to an audience
- Due to export compliance, must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful U.S. Permanent Resident.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Jeff Kasula @ email@example.com - 415-200-4127