Sr. Production Software Engineer Java Platform
Parsippany Parsippany, NJ 07005
Job Title: Sr. Production Software Engineer– Java Platform
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Duration: 6 Months
About our Client : US provider of financial services technology. Domain include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers.
- The Production Software Engineer will work on resolving production incidents for client. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, root cause analysis, communication with client via email and on the phone, raising the defects where necessary.
- To achieve the goal candidate will need to communicate with technical personnel on client side and Dovetail business analysts. The Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive frameworks, backed by Oracle database.
- The Production Software Engineer must be capable of analyzing complex logic flows in a fast-paced environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, and business analysts. Client communication via email and over the phone will be required.
- Responding and triaging production incidents, product deployed onsite vendors. Whenever they have an issue with our software this team is involved and they will correct the issue.
- Production patches are something they help with. Will be working directly with clients.
- Analyze production incidents without direct access to production system
- Discuss technical issues with business analysts in business terms
- Troubleshoot Java code, identify potential multithreading issues
- Proficient with J2EE platform, understand the concept, be able to quickly locate and process missing information
- Familiar with UNIX-based system, feel comfortable in Linux
- Build and optimize SQL queries in order to run on large databases efficiently
- Know or be willing to quickly learn Oracle database internals with the goal to analyze performance-related issues on the database side
- Participate in application performance testing and troubleshooting across whole software and hardware stack
- Recreate problem locally and able to debug the code to identify underlying defects
- Able to perform technical evaluation of the defects
- Understand the impact of changes across the application
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discusses aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
Basic Qualifications For Consideration:
- Looking for an individual who has the extra level of drive to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate understanding of various technologies and be determined to continuously expand knowledge in functional and non-functional areas.
- You will possess a high level of commitment in carrying out the Company’s vision, mission and values.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as XSLD and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Websphere and Weblogic exposure, knowing sql and how to write it, J2EE, Global payment experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of SQL
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- Knowledge or Oracle RDBMS specifics is large plus
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have good writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS)
- BA, BS or MS degree
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Monalisa @ email@example.com - 678-686-9381
Andrew @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 617-207-0650