Sr. Unified communications Engr
Fort Mill Fort Mill, SC 29715
Job Title: Sr. Unified communications Engr
Location: Fort Mill, SC - 29715
Duration: Contract to Hire
About client: Client Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, Client serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
- Maintain and administer Avaya and Cisco telephony switching equipment.
- Design/deploy/maintain Cisco voice & video products.
- Configure and troubleshoot VoIP traffic across Cisco switches and routers.
- Responsible for DNIS routing and 800 # conditioning.
- Perform system integrity and connectivity tests to ensure system availability.
- Troubleshoot voice communications problems of varying complexity.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize routing strategies; teach others how to maintain and create effective routing strategies.
- Explain complex telecom strategies to others in the organization and describe their advantages and disadvantages in simple business terms.
- Lead projects and mentor other team members.
- Participate in limited after hours and on-call support as part of a team rotation.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in telecommunications.
- At least 3 years of technical experience with Cisco Unified Communications.
- Experience with Avaya PBX/ACD.
- Cisco network routing experience, including QoS.
- Experience supporting complex technical services in Contact Center and/or retail administrative environments.
- Senior level technical understanding of:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Call Manager
- Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Voice Gateways / Routers / Switches
- Cisco CUBE Routers and other SBC Solutions
- Experience leading medium to large IT telephony/communications projects.
- Demonstrated people and project leadership qualities.
- On occasion work flexible hours to accommodate after hours and weekend activities such as installation, testing, managing events.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Bruce Kulkarni email@example.com ; 678-606-9871