Storage & Backup Systems Engineer
Houston Houston, TX 77056
Job Title: Storage & Backup Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Houston TX 77056
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- The position requires a proven enterprise level experience with Storage, Backup, and Virtualization technologies in large-scale, multi-data center, multi-platform, distributed computing environments. Also, it demands to be playing a critical role in resolving major incidents pertaining to server and virtualization infrastructure within defined SLA and willing to work in 12-hour shift with 24/7 support on an even shift roaster.
- 5+ years' experience with deep technical knowledge of multi-vendor storage technologies and Backup technologies in complex infrastructure.
- Expert Knowledge and working experience with , Various SAN platform from EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP and Cisco. , SAN Storage Technologies – EMC VMAX, Unity, VNX, NetApp, HP 3PAR, IBM XIV and DDN.
- NAS Storage Technologies – EMC Isilon and NetApp.
- Various Fabric products – Cisco and Brocade switches.
- Monitoring and reporting tools such as NetApp OnCommand, EMC Insight IQ, Cloud IQ, ESRS, SolarWinds, Splunk and etc
- Good understanding of EMC Avamar, NetBackup, Veeam, Arcserve, Networker and Tivoli Backup Technologies.
- EMC and HP Tape drives, EMC DataDomain and HP StoreOnce.
- Backup Monitoring tools – OpsCenter, EMC DPA and Veeam Monitor and reporter.
- Network technologies and firewall configuration and implementation
- Virtualization products – VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with process automation (bash and Perl) and/or configuration management
- Good knowledge with performance and capacity management tools
- Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations.
- Handles and executes with a high level of operational urgency
- Ability to maintain calm, and work closely with other technical and business team during a critical situation
- Administrative level communication and collaboration skills
- Build strong relationships with global and cross-functional teams. * Storage and Backup Certifications.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Ram @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-257-2405