System Architect/ Triangle System Administrator
The Woodlands The Woodlands, TX 77381
Job Title: System Architect/ Triangle System Administrator
Location: The Woodlands, TX - 77381
Duration: 1 Year (possibility of extension)
About Client: Our Client is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
- 10+ years’ experience in supporting UNIX based systems (UNIX filepath commands, creating UNIX cron jobs, setting up new UNIX directories, setup UNIX filepaths for interfaces, etc)
- 5+ years’ experience working with Oracle12C databases and use of TOAD software for querying Oracle tables
- Knowledge of scripting languages ProC and cShell for connecting Triangle to Oracle database
- Manage application environment changes in UNIX (install patches on server, test, and migrate changes between environments)
- Manage the process to copy down data from Production to Acceptance on an ad-hoc basis
- Develop file management strategy / tools (like Triangle SAD – Search and Destroy process) to clean up old files
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Upstream business processes, basic accounting principles, and Revenue Accounting business processes (i.e. oil/gas/ngl)
- Advanced problem-solving skills and incident management knowledge
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and systems security and controls knowledge
- Tools: TOAD, Oracle, SQL, UNIX
- Need a self-directed individual with strong technical / analytical skills to join the Upstream Fin Apps Revenue Accounting team to support a Canadian revenue and royalty system called Triangle.
- Triangle is an older, UNIX-based system connected to an Oracle 12C database which interfaces with SAP and non-SAP systems.
- This individual will be responsible for supporting the Triangle application including setting up new business users, installing and testing software patches from the vendor, troubleshooting issues reported by the Business, creating UNIX cron jobs for various activities, setting up new UNIX filepaths when required, and migrating changes through the TEST, HOLD, and PROD environments.
- This individual will also play a role on the Triangle Replacement Project to replace Triangle with a new application called PAS (Production Accounting Solution).
- PAS will also reside on UNIX servers and have an Oracle12C back-end, but has a web front-end. Individual should also have excellent communication and customer service skills and strong security and controls knowledge in working closely with our customers in Upstream Controllers.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ram Manturu @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8570