System Engineer / Data Analyst
Tempe Tempe, AZ 85284
Job Title: System Engineer / Data Analyst
Location: Tempe, AZ 85284
Duration: 4 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational human resource consulting firm headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. They provide recruitment and assessment, training and development, career management, outsourcing, and workforce consulting. The client has over 3,900 offices in 82 countries.
- Assist the TAPFIN Technology Team and Sr Systems Engineer in managing, administering, maintaining, and supporting TAPFIN Technology application infrastructure while performing a variety of complex and routine SQL tasks and projects.
- Understand and apply the best-of-class engineering concepts, methods, and research techniques to support production, disaster recovery, and lower tiers
- Assist in identifying and implementing infrastructure improvements, including cost efficiency opportunities, as well as performance efficiencies
- Contribute to improvement of business processes and improve efficiencies through technology
- Build Infrastructure and data subject matter expertise in application development projects
- Work with TAPFIN Technology Team to test, troubleshoot and resolve application issues
- Research and review literature and current practices relevant to complex problem resolution or assigned projects
- Evaluate, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software
- Work closely with application develop team for project work and support/maintenance
- Work with Sr Systems Engineer and vendors in evaluating vendor products/capabilities and contributing input into recommendations
- Plan, monitor, direct and complete special projects as assigned
- Assist data analyst resource in maintaining and enhancing SQL Server integration scripts used to import/export client data
- Troubleshoot and provide support for client file integration issues
Demonstrate the ability to:
- Partner with third party data centers in administering, monitoring, and configuring windows servers (physical and cloud), firewall, san, and load balancers including ssl certificate management
- Administer and resolve Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and general infrastructure issues
- Connect and login to local or remote servers to manage and monitor device status
- Understand basic principles of TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls, and network routing.
- Serve as a data analyst, SQL and SQL Server Integration Services developer, general SQL support, including some light database administration functions
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Quickly self-educate on emerging technologies
Working Knowledge of:
- Windows 2012R2/2016 server and tools, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and IIS
- Virtual/Could server administration in Azure and other cloud providers.
- Networking – firewall configuration, web application load balance, SSL certificate management
- Diagnostic experience in determining connectivity issues and resolution
- Configure, install, upgrade and troubleshoot server hardware and software
- MS SQL Server administration (2014, 2016), SQL Server Integration Services, including SQL replication methodologies.
- Powershell and C# knowledge a plus.
- Change Management
- 3+ years’ experience in managing windows infrastructure for web application hosting.
- 1-2 years’ experience with SQL Server administration and TSQL development.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in computer science discipline preferred.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 702-827-0376