System Test Lead
Northridge, California, US - 91325 Northridge, CA 91325
Job Title: System Test Lead
Location: Northridge, California, US - 91325
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Understand and apply a VSAT link budget provided by space, ground managed service providers or FBC SME (subject matter expert). Provide feedbacks to the team if deviation from the link budget is observed
- Work with Space (VSAT) managed service provider’s technical point-of-contacts and install the VSAT ODU equipment at the desired facility. Example installation tasks may include, but not limit to, coarse pointing, measure beacon signal strength, fine-tune pointing accuracy.
- Understand basic functionality of a VSAT system. For example, modem may need to be pre-configured or update software, if necessary, through ground network connection.
- Demonstrate basic skill to connect a modem to a computer (PC or MAC) through management port is desired.
- Understand and apply VSAT installation guide to execute installation tasks, independently, upon the initial training from the managed service provider’s field engineer. The candidate shall connect VSAT ODU and IDU components properly and independently post training.
- If necessary, coordinate with the managed service POC to change the satellite pointed to, change dish sizes, BUC power level, or trouble-shoot the system should system abnormally occurs.
- Understand & execute the Space (VSAT) backhaul test cases defined by the test plan.
- Raise question if the test case definition or pass/fail criteria were not sufficient.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of VSAT system-under-test, or advance troubleshooting of the system-under-test through the assistance from managed service vendors’s technical support POC.
- Troubleshooting includes demonstrating knowledge to detect a VSAT system abnormally, record its occurrence and syndrome, isolate abnormally , and apply suggested solution by the managed service provider.
- Support the execution of VSAT test cases in various forms of “emulation” (use test equipment to emulate the VSAT network impairment or the intermediate-frequency
- based channel emulaton) or “over-the-air”, i.e. a satellite modem is installed, modem and Hub are connected through a satellite and data flow across such wireless link. Test results are often captured through observations or measurements.
- Capture test result, process and analyze it. Show capability to translate the measured/tested/observed results to suggest appropriate pass/fail marking. If the test is not for pass/fall, the candidate may also provide suggestion leading to additional values for over-all system risk-reduction
- Testing and configuration of various mobile backhaul and transport network elements such as cellsite VSAT Modems, BUCs, LNB, dish antenna, and routers in a lab environment
- Development of operator-level test plan, execution of test plan and validation of requirements, identification of issues & troubleshooting and documenting test results
- Engaging with ecosystem partners (operators, equipment vendors, test equipment vendors) during lab trials
- Integration of these VSAT modems / routers network elements in various network topologies and end-to-end scenarios including mobile base stations and mobile core systems (eg., eNB, EPC), to be performed in conjunction with other teams
- Contribute to the development of complex projects via writing and reviewing specifications and test plans, with a focus on end-to-end VSAT or other backhaul integration, interoperability, usability, security, network performance, key performance indicators, network and resource management systems
- Integrate various hardware and software elements into end-to-end configurations that are ready for lab trials, field trials and deployment related activities
- Understand and devise plans to test and measure power consumption of VSAT related elements in a typical cell site
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically
- The engineer must have an excellent understanding of end-to-end VSAT based backhaul networks and transport networks.
- The engineer must also have a good understanding on OEM equipment design and how Operators install / commission / deploy equipment.
- The engineer must also have good communication and reporting skills (clearly articulating status of projects, explaining value of new projects, etc.).
- The role is not related to software & hardware engineering, but mostly around systems/solution engineering and early-stage deployment & testing.
- The engineer must also have good communication and reporting skills.
- The engineer might be asked to travel internationally to help out with lab or field trials.
- The engineer will be asked to validate various solutions mainly through test & measurements and scripting
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Jeff Kasula