Systems Engineer II
Cupertino Cupertino, CA 95014
- Candidate will develop and optimize RF automation systems used on Client’s newest products including iPhone, Watch, iPad and more for different wireless technologies.
- Candidate will support multiple products by authoring scalable software and utilizing strong engineering fundamentals.
- Candidate will contribute to a multi-facetted software suite based on C/C++.
- Candidate should be well versed with various wireless technologies.
- Furthermore, the candidate will analyze results in conjunction with RF Hardware and Antenna Engineering teams to identify and root cause issues.
- Excellent fundamentals and relevant work experience programming in one or more of C, C++, Objective-C
- Good working knowledge of RF fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc.
- Good understanding of RF metrics
- Basic knowledge of EE lab equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.
- Basic understanding of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth standards
- Energy and drive to thrive in a start-up like environment
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles
- Knowledge or exposure of calibration algorithms for Tx power, XO, RSSI, Envelope tracking, IQ mismatch
- Power user of test and automation using the latest Rohde & Schwarz, Litepoint, and/or Agilent cellular equipment. Specifically, experience with testing RF metrics for different technologies
- Recent experience or understanding of current wireless RF standards (e.g. 3GPP, GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE)
- 2 to 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Recent experience in developing test solutions for various wireless technologies
- Recent experience developing new software applications or drivers on any platform
- Recent experience with current and upcoming cellular wireless RF standards (e.g. 3GPP, GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE)
- Familiarity with cellular tester like CMW-500
- Agilent EXT/8960 is preferred.
- Familiarity with tools that enable high volume manufacturing of these technologies
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred