Richardson, Texas, US - 75080 Richardson, TX 75080
Job Title: Tableau Admin
Location: Richardson, Texas, US - 75080
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- The individual holds responsibility to deploy, maintain and support Tableau software systems-Data Engine, Gateway, server, application manager, backgrounder data server, search engine etc.
- including integration with databases ,data warehouses and report writing. Critical to this role is the need to interface with both operations and technical personnel to ensure the integrity and availability of the Tableau environment.
- Install and Configuration of Tableau application and its components
- Start and stop the application services
- User Account Management – Create and manage user RnR, Security
- Patch Management – Review and Execution of technology and Bug fixes Patches
- Life Cycle management of Software - Monitor the de-supported Software versions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring of Tableau application and its Components for Availability
- Monitor the space usage, log files for any error and server usage (Capacity Monitoring)
- Performance Management – Monitor the performance of Tableau application and its
- components (Excluding Application Programs).
- Backup of application and its components configuration files
- Backup of Application Metadata and repository
- Troubleshooting – Service Requests, Incidents, Problem related to BI Application and
- its components technologies/framework (exclude program / code issues)
- Release Management – Deployment of codes
- Change Management – Review and execute approved changes on BI application and
- its components
- Upgrade of Tableau applications and its components
- DR Support – Monitor and maintain the DR setup. Participate in DR Drills
- CMDB – Update the CMDB for Tableau its components
- Application Support – Provide the BI admin support to application team as and when
- required on technology and its framework.
- Peer team Co-ordination - Work with other peer team (OS, Storage, Network,
- Compute) for infrastructure support.
- Support the purging / Archiving the data activity as per Purging/Archiving Policy
- Technology / Framework troubleshooting for Tableau applications
- Create and Update of SOP for all admin works
- SSL and SSO support to Tableau Applications
- Monitor, Manage and Support the High Availability on BI applications
- Co-ordination with vendor for Software support as per Client-Vendor agreement
- 10+ years of Technical/Business Consulting experience.
- Certification: Mandatory – Tableau Server Certified Professional.
- At least 8 years experience working as part of a reporting team using Tableau
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting
- Tableau environment
- Strong client relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in engagement with multiple management levels across technical users and
- business units.
- Experience with developing and maintaining technical documentation, process
- documentation, etc.
- Experience in managing and mentoring others in the team
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Nick Jones