Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Norcross, Georgia Norcross, GA 30071
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Location: Norcross, Georgia - 30071
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and track goals for the recruiting and hiring process.
- Screen applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Organize and/or attend job fairs to source candidates for available positions.
- Post and Maintain job opening announcements.
- Manage the recruitment process; track candidates, coordinate interview schedules, conduct offers and pre-employment screening.
- Conduct Background Checks.
- Provide support to the HR Department as needed.
- Ensure all candidates have a pleasurable experience during the interview process – from cradle to grave.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, HS diploma required.
- 1-3 years of work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in manufacturing, production, distribution, technical-skilled recruiting is a plus.
- Results driven with ability to meet hiring goals.
- Ability to effectively manage large applicant pools, and work well under pressure and urgent deadlines.
- Strong organizational, communication, listening and decision-making skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work at least three days a week, for up to 9 hours per day.
- Ability to work independently, think outside of the box and network within the industry.
- Working knowledge of general employment practices and HIPAA laws is a plus.
- Call center experience is a plus.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter