San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94016
Job Title: TechZone Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA - 94016
Duration: 6+ months
About our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
The TechZone IT position is an ambassador for client IT. They will identify, deliver, and install electronic equipment at end user desks. They will also assist users with video conference meeting setup as well as troubleshoot any video conferencing issues. This position will also keep accurate inventory, as well as maintain a neat and orderly stock room. They will do some light end user one on one training to help users understand and adopt technology. They will help employees with hands on IT issues, but will also have to be able to direct IT support to an internal IT support desk.
- Staff TechZone desk during office hours (9:00 – 6:00). Hours may change to accommodate special company events
- Use Service-Now to accept, work, and resolve incidents
- Open incidents and requests in Service-Now
- Communicate with internal IT employees and end users in an effective and professional manner
- Be prepared to offer one on one training using already created training materials
- Install electronic equipment including but not limited to carrying equipment, installing equipment, and removing old equipment as well as trash
- Image laptops and desktops as needed
- Personal interaction with new hire on Day 1 – walking them through the Getting Started Guide and introducing them to IT Tools and how to interact with IT.
- Ensure replacement laptops are fully set up, including transferring of data and training on new OS if applicable
- Assist with Video Conferencing setup, and troubleshooting
- Desk setups, end user desk moves, and removal of electronic equipment
- Strong organizational skills
- Track, maintain, and organize electronic equipment stock. This includes, but is not limited to laptops, monitors, cables, head sets, adapters, and printers.
- Exemplary customer service skills are mandatory, along with the ability to empathize with customers and their needs
- Must be able to move at a quick pace
- Must be able to prioritize several concurrent issues to address the most urgent first
- Must be able to diplomatically ask customers to contact an internal service desk
- Assist in managing a Service Desk incident queue
- Provide white glove support to VIP’s
- Promote IT initiatives to local office
- Assist IT teams with projects and rollouts
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or three years’ experience in Administration or related field and/or training.
Advanced level skills with desktop, laptop and mobile device hardware, and video conferencing technologies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation
Nonessential Skills & Experience:
- Polycom Video Conferencing Equipment
- Lenovo Hardware Experience
- HP Hardware Experience
- Apple Mobile Device Experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential function.
Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities may be required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Normal office environment, the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vincent Gandra @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 415-200-4129