Technical Specialist II - III T
Dallas Dallas, TX 75201
Job Title: Technical Specialist II - III T&D Services (DATA)
Location: Dallas, TX - 75201
Duration: 6 + Months
About Client: Client is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, Client serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
The Technical Specialist II-III T&D Services (DATA) is a member of a team responsible for the development and maintenance of the database, displays, and applications of the Transmission Management System (TMS), the real-time control system used by the transmission and distribution control centers to operate the transmission and distribution system.
- Performs all essential functions and aspects of the job including any other specific job requirements
- Using engineering one-line drawings, develop the TMS database and/or display representation of substations, the equipment in them, and the associated transmission lines, including the definition of electrical connectivity
- Using appropriate TMS editors develop the definition for the RTUs and the data provided by them to the TMS
- Respond to problem reports from the TMS user community
- Assist in testing code updates to the TMS prior to implementation on the production system
- Assist in monitoring the status of the TMS database/display applications and in troubleshooting, as needed
- Review and implement engineering design changes to support modifications to the TMS.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Tech II
- Two or four year technical degree related to Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Experience in supporting a SCADA/EMS used for transmission and/or distribution control center operation
- Experience supporting real-time systems in an operating environment is desirable
- Knowledge of the TMS/DMS editors used to define the database, displays, and reports.
- Functional knowledge of SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) processing
- Ability and willingness to gain fast track experience through training and job assignments
- Able to multi-task and perform at a high level in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in SQL and skills of basic database Administration
- Must be able to acquire and maintain an Client CIP Certification (Critical Infrastructure Protection)
- Tech III [in addition to the requirements for Tech II]
- Experience in power system model definitions; Knowledge of CIM modeling is preferred
- Experience building SQL or Oracle database forms
- Knowledge of ICCP (computer communication protocols) and RTU configurations
- Proficient in at least one computer language: C++, C#, .Net, VBScript, JScript, ASP, Python, HTML, XML
- Knowledge of TMS/DMS configuration is preferred
- Experience in the use of UNIX/LINUX systems is preferred
- Knowledge of the existing business processes is preferred; and skill in continuous process improvement is required
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Andy Banooth - email@example.com ; 678-203-2366