Job Title: Technical Specialist
Location: Jackson, Michigan, US - 49203
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- To lead or be a part of the project team to develop or implement the solution product as per the requirements of the client within defined parameters of time and quality. (1.) Coordination with On-Site Engineers and attending customer calls (2.) Raising risks, issues and escalation to senior management and customers (3.) To create all quality documents, collect metrics data and conducting Audits. To perform Value creation and KM activities. (4.) To create project plans and keep track of schedule for on time delivery as per the defined quality standards (5.) To ensure process improvement and compliance, and participate in technical design discussion and to review technical documents
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- In-depth knowledge of PC usage and related software packages
- In-depth knowledge of one or more programming languages
- In-depth knowledge of the specific application(s) and technologies supporting the public utilities specifically Gas construction and maintenance functions.
- Install, configure, test and implement software applications, releases, patches and fixes.
- Maintain application configuration parameters and system related documentation
- Perform, enhance and tune SQL queries, if applicable, and system related documentation.
- Build, maintain and configure virtual server(s).
- Support Risk, Issue, Change request and Defect tracking processes.
- Analyze and create security requirements for application, report, web and database servers and integrations and interface with other tools.
- Analyze and create application backup/recovery tools, procedures and documentation.
- Test, implement and track custom developed enhancements, interfaces, portals, functions, queries and stored procedures.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with Detailed knowledge of IT principles, methods, and practices in the assigned in the public gas Utility area - prior experience with ABB Service Suite implementations is highly desirable
- Experience in IT systems development process and procedures
- Experience with interpretation of business/functional requirements and the development of technical specifications
- Familiarity with Agile and all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Hands on experience in the implementation of performance monitoring principles and methods.
- Experience delivering technical documentation and procedures
- Experience designing systems security methods and procedures
- Performed analysis using a variety of analytical methods
- Proficiency in information and data management
- Extensive experience in system design and application development
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, processes and testing requirements
- Mobile Work Management solutions experience, Mobile solutions on Windows 7 devices.
- Experience with the following is a plus: ABB Service Suite 9.7, GPS, Mobile GIS, SCCM, ALM, VB.Net, and Mobile Devices
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
ASK Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Jeff Kasula