Technical Support Specialist
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94110
Job Title : Technical Support Specialist
Location : San Francisco CA - 94110
Duration : 4+ Months (Potential for Extension)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for handling customer contacts per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets and instant messenger.
- Responsible for handling up to 100 tickets per day while managing queues and triaging tickets based on priority and service tier with greater than 95% accuracy.
- Provide onsite field support for designated sites.
- Should maintain secure and confidential information and must be familiar with specific IT technical policies.
- Responsible for the resolution of technical issues concerning desktop computers, laptops, communication devices, printers, and other peripherals.
- Should provide software support and user training on applications for computers, communication devices (iPad, iPhone, Android), and printers.
- Responsible for documenting in detail the request and incident resolution and track hours worked in the help desk ticketing system and provide the customer with status updates.
- Resolve enterprise application functionality across browsers (i.e. PeopleSoft works in IE but not in Firefox).
- Image ten new workstations, deploy to identified clients and surplus remaining equipment following all internal processes.
- Provide onsite support and resolve issues for a meeting using video conference technology (Zoom, WebEx, Movi, Cisco).
- Identify and recover corrupted or lost user data.
- Perform Proactive Rounding, as assigned. Serve as internal escalation/contact for resolution of complex issues and VIP support.
- Should be flexible with scheduling and willing to work nights and weekends.
Experience and Skills:
- Should have minimum 3 years of experience in a desktop support or help desk position, supporting Windows and Macintosh computers in a complex networked environment.
- Should have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar degree.
- Should have a valid California state driver’s license, since auto travel to other sites may be required.
- Should have relevant technical certification (Microsoft, Apple, A+, PMP, ITIL, MCP, MSCE, MSCA, CCNA, HDI, etc.).
- Should have strong skills in supporting MS Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Macintosh OS X, and MS Office.
- Should be proficient with troubleshooting MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Should be able to troubleshoot and support network connections for workstations and printers, VPN and wireless environments.
- Demonstrate skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting escalated end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices – Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS.
- Ability to develop and deliver advanced desk-side training, basic desk-side training, basic group training.
- Understanding of IT Service Management, incident and request management with-in an Enterprise environment.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Regina: email@example.com - 678-310-2892
Sabrina: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8581