Test Automation Engineer
Lawrenceville Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Job Title: Test Automation Engineer
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, US - 30043
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 1 Year
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Review product requirements, functional specifications, standards document (RFCs, etc.) to design test strategy for software validation
- Create test plans for new products and features, including incremental features based on customer requirements or industry requirements
- Establish a well-defined process to monitor the performance and quality of test deliverables from QA team, internal and ODC
- Drive and manage product qualification and post sales issues that could impact the business
- Support customers onsite during issues investigation in conjunction with R&D to determine root cause
- Ensure on time/quality delivery from the ODC teams including standardized test, status and metric reports
- Periodically review ODC lab environment to ensure smooth and optimal use of Technicolor infrastructure in their premises
- Simulate customer reported issues or new test environments in Technicolor lab and provide guidance to ODC teams to enable similar environments in their lab
- Be the main point of contact for all CaST related activities for Technicolor Management & ODC Teams
- Stay on top of the program needs, provide technical guidance and directions to program management team in decision making for customer software deployments
- Communicate regularly with key customers to manage expectations regarding hardware, software, and other project deliverables
- Create test reports, dashboards and status reports for management presentation.
- Contribute to product design discussions on overall software feature/interop compatibility across different platforms
- B.S. in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of broadband industry experience as described above. Prior experience with software testing is required.
Preferred Education, Profile and Experience
- IP Networking protocols (IPv4, IPv6, RIPv2, SNMP, NAT, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, TFTP, FTP, TCP, UDP).
- DOCSIS and Fiber specifications, protocols, test procedures and debugging
- Packet Cable 1.5 and 2.0 specifications, protocols, test procedures and debugging
- VoIP system architectures and network elements
- Test Management, Collaboration, Debug Tools – JIRA, Confluence, Wireshark
- Test Equipment: Keysight, Spirent Test Center, Asterisks PBX
- Home Networking Protocols (HNAP, uPNP, RIPv2, TR69, MOCA, xDSL, IP routing etc.)
- Wi-Fi 4, 5 & 6 including wireless encryption (WPA2, WPA, WEP), WPS, DFS, and WMM
- Good communication skills on technical matters and able to work in a collaborative agile environment.
- Embedded Operating Systems (OpenWRT, Linux, other RTOS)
- Python, Java and Shell script
- Debug skills of Cable and Telco gateway features
- Experience working with large MSOs is preferred.
- A high degree of personal organization, self-reliance, desire for success and a positive/constructive attitude.
- Team player, eager to learn, takes initiative, self-driven and autonomous in customer defect handling
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Abhinov Kumar