Washington Washington, DC 20008
Job Title: UAT/BA Analyst
Location: DC Metro Area (VA, DC, MD)
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About Client: Our client is a leading source of financing for mortgage lenders, providing access to affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. Their financing makes sustainable homeownership and workforce rental housing a reality for millions of Americans. They put their customers and partners at the center of everything they do. They apply their experience and expertise to deliver innovative solutions to help our customers succeed. They pour their hearts into everything they do. Because they know it makes a real difference in others’ lives. They are committed to moving forward with their partners to build a stronger, safer, more efficient housing finance system.
Job Description: Design and/or conduct test plans and scripts to test new, customized, or COTS software to ensure optimal performance of software before being put into production or installed in network environment. Test compatibility of new software with installed systems, networks, and technology platforms. Track errors, bugs, and the like in test data files for follow up and/or further testing.
Key Job Functions
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements.
- Develop test script, test scenario, and test methodology and document for execution. May review and critique test scripts developed by less experienced staff and suggest improvements.
- Conduct tests of applications in production or in development, applications about to be migrated, or applications recently patched. May lead a test exercise involving less experienced staff.
- Document test results, and compile results of other testers into consolidated report for management, clients, and applications staff. May perform regression or other analyses and present in project meeting.
- Evaluate testing methodologies and testing tools available in IT market, and advise management on adopting them.
- May test production software that had bugs or breakdowns in production. Test as appropriate and determine root causes and document for other technical staff to address.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Agile Development and testing background
- Proven experience executing UAT testing on complex business systems
- Senior level experience building complex test data sets in database driven and data warehouse environments
- 5-7 years of hands on ALM experience
- Must have a solid understanding of the SDLC (querying and updating), Agile methods, configuration management, and release cycles
- Strong logic and analytical skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.