Fort Washington Fort Washington, PA 19034
Job Title : Underwriting Analyst
Location : Fort Washington, Pennsylvania - 19034
Duration : 6 Months contract ( high potential for extension )
About Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
- The client is looking for someone with insurance experience - underwriting, who understands basic accounting systems and flows.
- Should be able to learn to query data and produce reports, be good at researching system and process issues and problem solving.
- Responsible for monthly uplift file review and preparation for renewal cycle.
- Responsible for writing or reviewing and providing feedback for system requests.
- Should create and perform system test plans.
- Run system queries and produce reports.
- Responsible for running routine and adhoc queries and perform analysis focused on underwriting data and team performance.
- Should update and maintain system tables.
- Perform monthly non-renewal, decline and referral analysis.
- Review account data to determine next actions for underwriters.
- Set up new employees in the policy admin system accountable for accurate account documentation in the system and/or excel files.
Skills and Experience:
- Should have 3-5 years in insurance and/or financial services.
- Should have experience in underwriting, accounting and/or data analysis.
- Should have a college degree or equivalent insurance experience.
- Should have strong Excel, Word, Access skills to work in spreadsheets and with insurance premium raters.
- Should have experience with data structures and querying to perform research, identify issues and produce reports.
- Should have experience performing high level administrative and underwriting duties.
- Should have the ability to develop productive relationships with underwriting/sales, carrier partners, and internal teams.
- Should understand underwriting process and risk implications, financial systems, process and flows.
- Good to have insurance, data structures and accounting knowledge.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sally @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-606-9872
Pearl @ email@example.com ; 678-250-9917