Underwriting Service Specialist - Insurance Claims
Denver Denver, CO 80222
Job Title : Underwriting Service Specialist - Insurance Claims
Location : Tower II, 2000 S Colorado Blvd #900, Denver, CO 80222
Duration : 4 Months (Potential for Extension)
About Our Client:Our client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company serving more than 140 countries. They expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals by desigining and delivering solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent.
- The Service Specialist will be responsible for administrative functions supporting production underwriting and claims.
- The candidate will perform policy administration tasks related to the servicing of new and renewed policies including endorsement processing, policy production and broker servicing.
- Role also includes duties related to the coordination of claim services.
- Perform key underwriting support functions to bind
- Issue new and renewal, commercial insurance policies, process endorsements and maintain broker relationships.
- Review policies for accuracy, quality and regulatory standards, and to resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Responsible for addressing client and underwriter inquiries.
- Produce notices of cancellation, non-renewal notices and reinstatements within established guidelines in a timely manner.
- Claim administration duties such as claim intake, policy distribution, case tracking and addressing coverage and claim correspondences.
- Would be required to summarize individual claims and client loss information for management or underwriting team.
- Strong understanding of insurance procedures, detail orientation, commitment to service and independent, work style.
- Must have excellent organizational, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully competent in underwriting and claim service disciplines.
- Must have the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Experience working in a paperless environment.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy, and provide follow-through on projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of insurance experience in an underwriting assistant role.
- 5 plus years of multi-line casualty claims handing and service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Insurance designation or insurance related coursework helpful.
- An active P&C License would a plus, but not needed.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Venessa @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2372
Rosa @ email@example.com - 678-250-9926